Sunday 4 May 2008

Why the Holocaust?

Why are there so many books, movies, documentaries, etc. about the Holocaust? Why do we keep retelling this story?

I think that the human race either likes, or dis-likes atrocities of this sort. Either we want to say "oh, this was a horrible event" or we say "we cant let anything else like this happen again!" I want to think that we focus on this event in history because we hate that awful things like this actually happened. I know, as cliche as it sounds, that we re-tell this story so as we wont ever repeat it.

Caleb J.

1 comment:

AlvinY said...

I really agree with your idea. Your idea is exactly same as mine. When we study history, not only the Holocaust, We learn bad things like division between race and race. Many cruel histories remind us to not repeat it again. However, there are many cruel things among the race and race like Chinese and Tibetans. I think this is limitation of humans; just God can give us peace.