Thursday 1 May 2008

"The Diary of Anne Frank" Act 1 scenes 1-3

"Act I, Scenes1-3: What do you think would be the hardest part of life in the Secret Annex: the fear of discovery, the need to keep silent for hours at a time, the sharing of cramped quarters with strangers, or some other aspect? Explain."

I think that the hardest part of living up there would be not going to the bathroom. I mean, you can't move around very much for fear of being heard. And you can't make lots of noises or anything. And just imagine this, a rowdy tom girl yelling and screaming all of a sudden being silenced to a small apartment with a boy a little older right next to her. I think not being able to movw around or make much noise for two years would be awful. As most of you know, I talk, alot, and I talk loud. Really LOUD! Now, think of me cramped up not allowed to yell or play basketball or anything. That could be...bad.

Caleb J.

3 comments:

KellyK said...

That really does make sense. If I were in the Secret Annex, I could not bear that either. I guess they just really have to live with it because its either that or they get caught by the Green Police which practically means that they'll die. I chose my answer to be that the fear of getting caught, but I can see reason in your answer as well. Anyways the fear of getting caught really only happens when they hear those bombs and stuff. I'm sure they could have felt it even without the soounds, but anyways your answer makes sense as well. I couldn't bear not going to the bathroom for a very long time or not talking loud and all whenever I want. It makes me understand how hard it was for Anne and the members of the Secret Annex while they were there.
Good job, I like your response!

SophiaC said...

Once you said that i was like wow, i really realized what you had meant. For us, we think that it was nothing to be locked up and not being able to speak. In the movie, you only see small portions of them not being able to talk and such, however in reality they had to be silent for hours. It must have been really hard on them, yes such as Anne. You cannot lock up a 'wild animal', is just not right. i hadnt realized how hard it mustve been to stay quiet until now. Good post :) keep it up

Mobey Azuonye said...

I agree with you bro, that will be really hard. That will be really hard not move or talk as you want but that was what the had to do if they didnt want to get caught. I feel real sad for all of them, it must have been the hardest thing Anne had done